IMMACULATE HEART of MARY
OUTREACH COMMITTEE - MISSION STATEMENT
Outreach Ministry - Purpose
The Immaculate Heart of Mary Outreach Committee members design projects, programs and
events that, when brought to fruition, produce a spiritual uplifting for parishioners and
members of the greater Granby community. Whether providing enjoyable activities or coming
to the aid of the needy, bonds of brother and sisterhood are strengthened. The chances for
growing the I.H.M. community are enhanced as this committee reaches out with open arms of
EXAMPLES OF I.H.M. OUTREACH PROJECTS COMPLETED OR IN PROGRESS.
1. Ukrainian Refugee Relief Drive. Medical and personal hygiene items were collected
and shipped to refugee camps in Poland.
2. I.H.M Fuel Relief fund. A cord wood raffle was organized with the money raised to be
put into a fund to be distributed among parishioners who are struggling to pay their
home heating fuel costs.
3. Musical Variety Shows. Organize and present coffee house style concerts using the
church hall for these events which will be free and open to the public.
4. Karaoke Sing-A-Long Sessions. Provide bi-monthly gatherings in the Church Hall to
enjoy the camaraderie resulting from the uplifting feelings this type of activity provides.
5. Cultural Grant Opportunities. Explore sources and apply for grants to finance events
under the direction of the outreach committee.
Outreach Committee meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month in the lower
Rectory meeting room at 6:30p.m. and are open to I.H.M. parishioners. All are welcome.
Parish member input is valued, whether it directs our attention to the plight of the needy or
suggests new enjoyable activities.