Immaculate Heart of Mary Outreach Committee members design projects, programs, and events that, when brought to fruition, produce a spiritual uplifting for parishioners and members of the greater Granby community. Whether providing enjoyable activities or coming to the aid of the needy, bonds of brother and sisterhood are strengthened. The chances for growing the parish community are enhanced as this committee reaches out with open arms of friendship.
Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month in the Rectory meeting room at 6:30pm and are open to all parishioners. All are welcome. Parishioner input is valued, whether it directs our attention to the plight of the needy or suggests new enjoyable activities.
Projects completed or in progress include.
• Ukrainian Refugee Relief Drive – Medical and personal hygiene items were collected and shipped to refugee camps in Poland.
• Fuel Relief Fund – Raffle organized for a Cord of Firewood with money raised distributed among parishioners who are struggling to pay their home heating fuel costs.
• Musical Variety Shows – Organize and present coffee house style concerts held in the Parish Hall, which are free and open to the public.
• Children’s Easter Egg Hunt – Scheduled for the Saturday before Easter Sunday.
• Cultural Grant Opportunities – Exploring resources and applying for grants to finance events under the direction of the Outreach Committee.